SVP Spring Meeting (Event is Full)
Jun 05, 2012
from 05:15 PM to 09:00 PM
|Where||Georgetown Ballroom: 5623 Airport Way South Seattle, WA 98108|
|Contact Name||Marlene Rapues|
|Contact Phone||206-374-8757 x25|
|Add event to calendar||
*Every seat is currently full! We look forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday!*
We’ve all heard about massive cuts in government spending. We’ve seen the increasing pressure it puts on nonprofits trying to meet a growing need for services. It can feel pretty grim.
That’s why we’re inviting you to join us for an evening of what IS working!
Join community leaders from around the Northwest as they share how they are adapting in a time of scarcity. We’ve challenged each of our speakers to “enlighten us, but make it quick” - as befits the Ignite concept. Each speaker will have five minutes and twenty images to share what gets them out of bed every day.
Introducing Our Speakers
- Molly Boyajian, Director of Policy and Community Partnerships – Thrive By Five
- Mark Holloway, Executive Director – SVP Portland
- Ben Klasky, CEO and President – Islandwood
- Trish Millines Dziko, Founder and CEO – Technology Access Foundation
- Susan Richards, Executive Director – Communities In Schools Washington
- Steve Sundquist, Board Member – Climate Solutions, former Board Member – Seattle Public Schools
Hot Pie, Sweet Tunes, Great Conversation
There will be plenty of time to chat and mingle as you enjoy delicious Veraci Pizza straight out of a wood-fired oven, yummy nibbles from Kaspar's, and sweet tunes by the award winning Garfield High School Jazz Band.
Important Driving and Detour Details
The Airport Way Bridge is currently closed, which might throw off your navigation. Please see these instructions from the Georgetown Ballroom for a stress-free trip!
Thank You to Our Sponsor!