Boyer Children's Clinic
Boyer Children's Clinic improves the quality of life of children with neuromuscular disorders or other developmental delays by providing the best solutions for each child and family. Hear about their inspiring journeys in this video >>
Recent Highlight: “SVP’s support of our marketing and communications efforts has been nothing short of revolutionary for the agency. We have always worked tirelessly to communicate Boyer’s mission and impact to our community of supporters. With SVP’s help, we are more efficient and more effective.” — Mike Stewart, Executive Director
Strengthening Boyer: Sample Capacity Building Projects
In partnership with SVP volunteers and paid consultants, Boyer Children's Clinic tackles projects like:
- Marketing & Communications: Reviewed and assessed Boyer’s current brand presence, logo design and use, key messages, electronic presence, and made recommendations for an on-going strategy (SVP Partner Randy Wootton and Community Volunteers)
- Board & Staff Development: Supported staff and board as they worked together to address key organizational questions such as: What are the appropriate ways for Boyer to grow? (Paid Consultant)
- Information Technology: Expanded Boyer’s SharePoint Site to improve internal communications among program staff (SVP Partner Kevin Phaup)
- Strategic Planning: Conducted strategic planning process with the board and staff (Co-Funded Paid Consultant)
- Staff Development: Provided access to peer learning groups for the Executive Director and fund development staff (Paid Consultant)
More about Boyer...
In part one of this series, Randy Wootton talked about assembling a team of volunteers to help strengthen Boyer Children’s Clinic. In this piece SVP Partner Mike Cadigan shares tips for folks who are not born networkers. How do you get past the awkwardness of reaching out so you can further the organization and cause you care about?
So you're volunteering with a nonprofit you're passionate about, but you're limited by time. How do you increase your impact within that organization? What about tapping your professional network? SVP Partner Randy Wootton shares his top tips for assembling a team of volunteers to multiply your efforts.