Equal Opportunity Schools
Equal Opportunity Schools seeks to level the educational playing field. To accomplish this they identify, enroll and support missing students in challenging college-preparatory courses, boosting their academic motivation and achievement, and their likelihood of going to and graduating from college.
Total Giving: $85,000
Executive Director: Reid Saaris (LinkedIn)
SVP Lead Partner: Virginia Klamon
Recent Highlight: “From HR to IT, to accounting and finance, to legal, forms and compliance, SVP Partner Virginia Klamon built out important processes where none had previously existed. The team now operates off of encrypted company computers and consistent, dependable software, and has retained talented ongoing HR, IT, and accounting support.”
– Reid Saaris, Executive Director
Strengthening EOS: Recent Capacity Building Projects
- Leadership Development: Provided guidance and advice on start-up organizations (SVP Partners Peter Bladin and Rob Short)
- Information Technology: Provided a broad range of IT support and assessment, including recommendations for database systems, network and computers, plus complete computer and software system implementation (SVP Partners Christina Storm, Kevin Phaup, Anthony Davis, and Brad Struss)
- Organizational Development: Helped to map and identify program and organizational processes (SVP Partner Christina Storm and Community Volunteers)
- Human Resources: Created job descriptions for new positions and provided recommendations for benefits package as well as a build out of core HR processes and systems (Paid Consultant)
- Information Technology: Provided training to EOS staff on the capabilities of SharePoint and guidance on how to improve internal communication and develop consistency of use (SVP Partner Austin McNamee)
More About Equal Opportunity Schools...
When he was 16, Reid Saaris was put on the fast track with advanced-level courses that would prepare him for college. His best friend, although equally bright but low-income, was not, and spent a decade making up for missed opportunities. Spurred by this story, Reid founded Equal Opportunity Schools, SVP’s newest Investee.
How many capable students are missing from our toughest high school classes? In his story, Equal Opportunity Schools founder Reid Saaris shares the numbers, the consequences, and a vision for a different future.